Chandigarh is the famous city all around the world planned by the famous French architect Le Corbusier. It is formed on 1st November in the year of 1966. Chandigarh is located in the foothills of Shivalik and it is best known for the modern architecture and urban planning. Chandigarh has got the name from the temple known as “Chandi Mandir” located in the city. The city is also famous for the pre-historic past. The fossils of the ancient past can be seen now and then. The total population of the city is approximately 1,054,686.
Political status/ view of the Chandigarh
- Chandigarh is a union territory which serves the capital for both Haryana and Punjab. The city is not the part of any state the authority in the city is directed by the Union Government. As the city is known as the base of the three independent governments, it became a major government employer in the region.
- The head of the Chandigarh’s government is known as the governor and administrator. The governor is appointed by the President of India. Most of the government offices are located in the city itself and the majority of people residing in the city works in government offices.
- The various political parties are also part of the Chandigarh those look after the governance. Some of them are Bharatiya Janata Party, Bahujan Samaj Party, Indian National Congress, and Aam Aadmi Party.
Tourism and best places to visit in Chandigarh
Chandigarh has earned a good name as the city of the tourist destination. As it is located in the foothills of Shivalik people love to visit and travel Chandigarh to see the beauty of nature. It is an incredible city with the well-planned road map and sector division. Some of the attraction you should visit while traveling to Chandigarh are:
- The rock garden
- Rose Garden
- Government Museum and Art Gallery
- Musical Fountain
- Butterfly Garden
- Botanical Garden
- International Dolls Museum
- Sukhna Lake
- Japanese Garden
Best time to explore Chandigarh from the August to November. Chandigarh is well connected by road, air, and train. The public transport service is managed by the Chandigarh Transport Undertaking (CTU). The Chandigarh metro rail is also a proposed project which will be executed soon. As the city have all the aspects to attract the people as so people praise the entire city architecture and monuments. No wonder Chandigarh is known as the “The City Beautiful”.