Life Insurance is the best tool to hedge the risk of uncertainties for your family. This is true, especially if you are the only earning member of the family. In case of any unfortunate event, the insurance payout will help your family in managing the expenses. Talking about the insurance service provider, LIC remains to be one of the most trusted brands over the years. It offers a different kind of Life Insurance Policies, and it also enables them to save money for the future.
LIC has insurance policies that are meant for children and spouse as well. The policies for children works as a saving plan for them, and these funds can be beneficial when they need money for education. Millions of Indians take services from the Life Insurance Corporation of India and by availing the services, they secure the future of their family.
Most of the organizations have made it easy for the customers to avail the services. The same is the case with the LIC. Today, you do not have to visit their branch or collection centre for getting small tasks done. You can avail most of the services through their online portal. The LIC eService portal also enables you to check the status of your policy and other similar details without any hassle. The e-service portal also allows you to keep a check on the due dates and the bonuses that you are receiving. The portal is the best way to keep track of your policies.
If you do not have access to the computer or the laptop, then do not worry because the portal also has a mobile application. You can install the mobile app on your Apple or Android device and avail the similar service without any issues. The portal will allow you to take various services without visiting the branch or without waiting on line for the customer service executive to answer the call.
For the first time users, the users must register on the portal. The registration process is no rocket science, and it takes just a few minutes to register on the LIC eService portal. The only thing that you need to register for the services is the LIC Policy details and some of your details. In this article, we have not only discussed the steps to register on the LIC Portal, but we have also covered the details of LIC Online Portal and its importance. Go ahead and check out all the other sections of the article now.
Who Can Register for LIC E-Services Portal?
If you own a policy of LIC and if you are an Indian then you can go ahead and register for the E-Services Portal online. You need the policy number, LIC premium details and your details to go ahead with the registration. Do not worry as there is no cost associated with the use of the portal. It is more like using your net banking service. If you have policies for your spouse or children then also you can register for the portal. It is possible to add multiple policies on the same login ID. After registering for the portal, you will be able to login to the portal. On logging in, you will be able to add the policy for the children as well as spouse. So, get your policy details and start your registration process now.
If you are worried about compromising your personal information, then let us assure you that the LIC E-Service Portal is safe and your information is passed through a secured gateway. If you are still not sure about availing the Online Services from LIC, then you can go ahead and check out the benefits of the LIC E-Service Portal in the section below.
The LIC Agents can also register for the portal, and they can avail the services for the benefit of the customer. For registering as an agent, you would need the LIC Agent Code. You must appear in the LIC Exam to get the code. IRDA regulates the exam. You can find out more about becoming the agent by visiting the LIC’s website.
You May Also Like: List of Best Life Insurance Companies in India
What are the Benefits of LIC E-Service Portal?
As mentioned earlier, LIC E-Service Portal makes it hassle-free to use the LIC Portal. The registration process is easy, and everything is digitalized. You get instant on-demand services without having to run from one counter to another. You can do all this at the comfort of your home. There is a lot of functionality available on the LIC E-Service Portal, and you can take advantage of all those features. Let us move ahead and check out some of the benefits associated with LIC E-Service Portal.
- Policy Status – You can check the status of the LIC policy status online. There was a time when you had to call the customer service or visit the branch to check the policy status. This can be avoided now since all the details associated with the policy are available on LIC E-Service Portal.
- Due Premiums – Until you have set up a direct debit, it is hard to remember the date of the premium payments. If that is the case, then the LIC E-Service Portal is going to be of great help. The LIC E-Service Portal will help you in keeping track of premium payment dates. This feature will enable you to avoid paying late payment penalties as well.
- Premium Statement – You can also download the premium payment statement. This statement would have the details of the premium payment from the starting of the policy. If you have a cashback plan, then you can also find out the details of the cashback that you will receive on your policy.
- Premium Payment – There is no need to visit the LIC office to make payment of the premium. You can make the premium payment online with the help of credit card, debit card, net banking of payment wallets. You will instantly get the confirmation and the receipt of the payment too.
- Premium Receipts – You need the premium receipts for the investment declaration. The LIC E-Service Portal has all the receipts of the payments made online, so you do not have to worry about losing the receipts. At any moment, you can download the online receipt of the payment and avail the benefits of digital payment.
- Premium Calculator – The premium calculator and the maturity benefit illustrator is also available on LIC E-Service Portal. You can understand the premium payment if you are planning to buy a new policy. All these things prove to be handy when you are planning your investments.
- Bonus Information – The best part about the LIC Policy is the bonus that you receive annually. The bonuses get added to LIC Policy, and you get the payout along with the Sum Assured at the maturity. The bonus information is also available at LIC E-Service Portal, and the portal will give you the total bonus accumulated details.
- Saves Branch Visit – You will not have to visit the branch to get all these necessary information. It certainly saves time and labour. Moreover, in the pandemic era, it is not worth visiting the branch for the small tasks that can be done from the comfort of the home.
- Secured Portal – The portal is secured as it uses SSL and HTTPS protocols. The data is transmitted after encryption, and hence you do not have to worry about the safety of data. There is no way that your personal information or banking information will get compromised from the LIC Portal.
- Free of Cost – All these services are free of cost, and no one will charge you any fee to use the services.
You May Also Like: Best Life Insurance Plans in India
How Can I Register for the LIC E-Service Portal?
With all the benefits discussed above, it is worth registering for the portal. It should be noted that the registration process is the same when you are using the mobile application or the website. The only difference is that when you are using the mobile application, you skip to Step two directly. So, follow the steps listed below and complete your registration in less than 2 minutes.
- To start the registration, you need to visit licindia.in as this is the official website of Life Insurance Corporation of India. Once you are on the website, you need to click on LIC’s E-Services button in the Online Services Tab.
- You will be redirected to LIC E-Service Portal, and if you are using the application, you will directly find yourself on this page. From the options available, click on New User Registration and this will redirect you to the registration page.
- Enter the details like the policy number, instalment premium (without tax), date of birth, email ID and other similar information. You will be asked for some other personal details as well. Click on Proceed Button.
- In this step, you will be asked to create a username and a password. It should be noted that during the login, you can use your mobile number as well as email ID as the user name. Once you submit the details, the registration will be complete. You can now use these credentials to log in to your LIC E-Service Portal.
We have shared all the possible information about the LIC E-Service Portal. You can utilize all the services without paying anything extra on your policy. These services are more like the net banking service, and every policyholder must subscribe for them to get the full benefit of the LIC E-Service Portal.