The technology has enabled us to avail the financial services via online medium. It has certainly made things easy for us. You do not have to keep track of the dates and insurance policies in the diary anymore. There would have been a time in everyone’s life wherein they would have missed to make the payment of the premium for their policies. In such a case, the institutes charge a penalty for renewal of the expired policy. In addition to this, if the LIC premium is delayed by a certain threshold period, then you might even end up losing the policy with no chance of renewal. These factors also impact the returns associated with any policy.
If the policy has been fortified, then you will end up losing the premium of all the past years. So, what is an easy solution? Tracking the details online can help you in saving the trouble, and this way, you can check the details of your policy whenever you like. You will be able to check the premium due dates, maturity information, bonus information and other similar information. Under the same account, you will be able to track the policy of your spouse as well as children. Isn’t that amazing? Well, we are sure that you would love the online portal of LIC as it makes things very easy for you.
Here is another added advantage of the LIC Portal. You need to submit the investment proof while filing Income Tax Return. The LIC Portal also has the invoices of the premium paid. Having the details online saves you from the trouble of visiting the LIC Office to get the invoices. Moreover, this way, you can maintain the digital copies of the premium payment receipt without having to worry about losing the payment receipts.
Checking the LIC Policy Status
The online portal of Life Insurance Corporation offers a host of services. Today, you would not have to visit the branch to get any work done. You will be able to avail all the services at the comfort of your home. The online portal has improved the accessibility by a huge degree. You need to register on the portal to avail the services. In most of the cases, the portal will fetch the details of policies automatically, but there are some cases when you have to search for the policy manually. In this article, you will find more information about the ways you can check the details of your policy. We will start by talking about the online method first. So, let us go ahead and check out the details now.
Registration on LIC Portal for First Time User
We are assuming that you are a first time user on the LIC Portal. In such a case, we can start by talking about the registration on the LIC Portal. You can follow the steps listed below to initiate the registration process. You can skip this section and move on to the next one if you already have the login credentials for LIC Policy.
- You need to visit the LIC Online Service Portal. The link to the website is https://www.licindia.in/Home-(1)/LICOnlineServicePortal
- Once you are on the website, scroll down a little and click on New User. You will be redirected to the registration page.
- Now, enter the policy number, instalment amount without tax, date of birth, phone number, email ID and Gender to move to the next page. All these details should be available at your policy document.
- Attest the details and click on the Proceed button. You will now get to choose your User ID & Password. Once all this is done, you will be able to submit the details, and the registration will be completed.
- Make a note of your user ID and Password so that you do not forget them in future.
You are now a registered user on LIC Website. In the next section, we will discuss the steps that you need to follow to check the status, details and statements of LIC Policy.
You May Also Like: List of Best Life Insurance Companies in India
How to Check LIC Policy Details Online?
By now, you must be having your user name and password for LIC Online Portal. You would need these details to check the details of your policy. We have listed the detailed steps below so that you can log in and check the details.
- Visit the LIC Online Service Portal page by clicking on the link https://www.licindia.in/Home-(1)/LICOnlineServicePortal
- Click on Registered User Option to login to the portal. On the next page, enter your User ID, Password & Date of Birth. It should be noted that you can also use your email ID or Mobile Number as the User ID.
- Click on Sign in Button, and you will be logged in to the portal. Now, click on individual Policy Details to move on to the next step.
- On the left side of the screen, you will see the policies that you have. Click on the policy that you would like to check the details for.
- Once you click on the policy, you will be able to check the following details.
- Coverage – This has the details of the name of the policyholder, plan name, instalment premium, premium due date, the sum assured and policy status.
- Bonus Information – This section has the details of the accumulated bonus until now.
- Other Information – In this section, you will find the details about the age of enrollment, Premium paying terms, commencement date, policy term, date of maturity, branch details and agent details.
- Nominee – In this section, you will find the details of Nominee and their share.
- Billing Info – Here, you will be able to check the instalment premium, due from, total premium due, premium mode and the number of instalment.
- Activity – In this section, you will be able to check the last login time.
- On the left side of the portal, there is an option to download Payment Receipts. You can click on the option, select Financial year and category to download the payment receipts.
- You can also check the Policy Schedule by clicking on the Policy Schedule button. Here, the whole schedule is available in the downloadable pdf format.
- On the left pane, you will also be able to check the policy status, claim status and loan status. It is also possible to download the Policy Premium Paid Statement by clicking on the appropriate option. This gives you the details of the total premium paid until now.
You May Also Like: Best Life Insurance Plans in India
Adding New Policy to Portal
There are chances that you would have purchased a new policy after creating the account. In such a case, you can add a new policy to the portal. If you need to add a new policy, then you can click on Add New Policy on the left side pane. You will be redirected to a new page. On this page, add the relationship and then order Policy Number. Submit the details, and you will be able to add a new policy to the portal.
You can even purchase new policies from the portal. Apart from this, there are many other things that you can check on the LIC Online Portal. You can even use the premium and maturity calculator, which is integrated on the website. It is better to login and checks the services available for you.
You May Also Like: Benefits of LIC Jeevan Umang Policy
Can I Check my Policy Details Without Registration?
Sometimes, we may feel lazy in registering on the portal. The best solution in such a case is to check the details via SMS or call. In this section, we have listed all the details via other mediums.
To check the details via SMS, you can refer to the table below.
|Type of Plan||Enquiry Type||Description||SMS Code|
|LIC Policy||Instalment Premium||You will get the due instalment premium in the next cycle.||ASK LIC <Policy Number> PREMIUM|
|LIC Policy||Bonus Information||You will get the sum of accumulated bonus.||ASK LIC <Policy Number> BONUS|
|LIC Policy||Revival Amount||If your policy has expired, the code will tell you about the revival amount you need to pay||ASK LIC <Policy Number> REVIVAL|
|LIC Policy||Loan Availability||You will get the amount of loan available.||ASK LIC <Policy Number> LOAN|
|LIC Policy||Nominee Information||You will get the details of Nominee on your account.||ASK LIC <Policy Number> NOM|
|Pension Policy||Policy Status||Find out the pension policy status.||ASK LIC <Policy Number> STAT|
|Pension Policy||Existence Certificate Due||Find out the dates when the existence certificate is due.||ASK LIC <Policy Number> ECDUE|
|Pension Policy||Annuity Release Date||Find out the date when the next annuity will be released.||ASK LIC <Policy Number> ANNPD|
|Pension Policy||Annuity Amount||Find out the amount of annuity that you will receive.||ASK LIC <Policy Number> AMOUNT|
|Pension Policy||Cheque Return Information||Get the information on cheque returned recently.||ASK LIC <Policy Number> CHQRET|
All the SMS should be sent on 56767877
Checking Details via Call
If you are not able to get a response via SMS, then you have yet another option to check the policy details. You can go ahead and call the customer services for your query. The phone number for LIC Customer service is 022 6827 6827. The phone services are available 24 x7, and you can reach out to them whenever you have an issue. The customer service will help you with the information on the policy details, and they will also be able to address your queries regarding your existing and new policy. Staying up to date with the policy information will not only help you in avoiding penalties, but it will also help you in ensuring that your family is secure.