Paying property taxes in India and other countries is necessary for citizens. And this tax amount is usually used to form a budget for maintenance and to provide basic civic services in the locality. However, you can also get income tax benefits if you pay your property taxes regularly and on time. The government of India has tried really hard to make the whole property tax payment thing much easier for citizens. And as a result, online municipal corporation portals like KDMC exist that is responsible for collecting property tax online payments. If you want to know more about how you can make KDMC property tax online payments, then keep on reading today’s post.
What Is KDMC Property Tax?
KDMC stands for Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Corporation, which is a governing body working in Thane, Maharashtra. If your property is located in Kalyan-Dombivli city, then you’d have to submit property tax to the Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Corporation. And now you don’t need to visit the local office of this municipal corporation, just use the KDMC online portal and you’ll be good for the most part.
How To Pay KDMC Property Tax Online?
Paying KDMC property tax online using the municipal corporation portal is super easy. Let’s get down to the step-by-step process of how you can pay your property tax without leaving your couch.
- First of all, open any browser on your smartphone or laptop/pc and search for the term “KDMC Property Tax” in the search bar. The very first result that’ll appear at the top of the search results would be the official web portal of KDMC. Or you can click on this link https://kdmc.gov.in/kdmc/CitizenHome.html to directly land on the official website of KDMC.
- Before you look up your property number on this portal, we’d recommend you first log in using your login credentials. For that, simply click on the “Login” link in the main menu of the website, and then select the “Citizen Login” option from the dropdown. Another page will load in a separate tab of your browser, this time, you’ll be asked to log in using your login credentials, so just do that and proceed next.
- After a successful login, you’ll land on the dashboard of KDMC. Look at the right-hand side of your screen, there will be a blue colored button with the text “QUICK PAY BILLS,” simply click on it to pay for the KDMC property tax.
- Next, a Bill Details page will load on the screen, this time you’d enter some details like the Service Type and your Property Number. Just provide the correct details, and hit the Search
- Now the KDMC portal will look up your property number in the database, and it’ll list all the flats or individual properties on the screen. Just search for your property from the list using the flat number, your full name, and your address. In this list, you’ll be able to see the due tax amount as well.
- When you select your particular registered property from that list, another page will load on the screen, this time you’ll be able to see a few details like the due amount, penalty amount, total amount to pay, etc.
- Simply click on the Submit To Pay button and another page will load where you’ll be asked to enter your Application number, Mobile Number, and Email ID, and also you’d have to select your preferred payment gateway.
- After entering all the correct details, hit the “Pay” button to proceed next. Now you’ll land on an online payments page where various payment options will be available to choose from. Just choose any preferred payment method and carry out the transaction.
- After a successful payment, you’ll be automatically redirected to the KDMC website. And on this page, you’ll see property tax payment status and other details like transaction ID, Reference Number, Exact time of the transaction, etc.
And this is how you make KDMC property tax online payments.
How To Download the KDMC Property Tax Receipt?
After completing a successful payment, you’ll be redirected to the KDMC website, where the payment status will be shown on the screen. And if you scroll down a little on the same page, there will be a “Print” button to save the KDMC property tax receipt on your device as a PDF format. If you want to get your hands on old KDMC property tax receipts, then simply visit the home page. On the right-hand side of this page, you’ll see a section called “Receipt Download” under the Quick Payment section. If you are already logged in, then select the Receipt Type as “Property Bill” and hit the Proceed button. On the next page, you’ll need to enter the property number and then click on the Search button. That is it, now you’ll see all your previous property tax payments, and the download option to download individual receipts.