State governments have made it super easy for the general population in the region to pay property taxes with the maximum possible convenience. That is only possible because of the utilization of online web portals of municipal corporations to collect taxes. See, after the digitalization of India, people now feel very confident and comfortable completing online transactions. Thus, people don’t have any problems using online portals like PMC and pay up their property taxes without needing to visit the local PMC office. Since it is a fairly new thing, people are still getting used to it, and that’s why we are here to let you know how to make PMC property tax online payments successfully.
What Is PMC Property Tax?
PMC stands for Pune Municipal Corporation, a municipal entity in Pune that is responsible for delivering basic civic services to the general public as well as preserving the city’s infrastructure. And the property tax you pay to PMC contributes significantly to the municipal budget, which is then used to maintain the city’s infrastructure and provide civic services to residents.
How To Pay PMC Property Tax Online?
PMC Property Tax online payment process is one of the easiest compared to other property tax payment portals of different states and union territories. Let’s get down to the step-by-step process of how to pay PMC property tax online.
- As you already know, the first step would be to open up a browser on your device, type the term “PMC Property Tax” in the search bar, and hit enter. It is highly likely that the official website of PMC will be at the top spot in the search results, so click on that. Or you can directly visit this URL http://propertytax.punecorporation.org/OnlinePay/PROP_DUES_DETAILS.aspx
- The page you’ll land on would be pretty simple and easy to navigate. However, if you haven’t paid up property taxes online ever before, you’d still find it pretty easy to use.
- At the very top of this page, you’ll find a drop-down menu and three other input boxes. Here you will be asked to enter the property details like Property Type, Section ID, Peth ID, and Account No. If you don’t know where to find these details, you should check out the previous property tax receipts or bills you got from PMC. And look for these details in the old receipts and bills, it would be something like P/2/09/00662007.
- After entering the correct details, just hit the Submit button. Now this online portal will fetch your property-related details from the PMC database. And you will be able to see all your property-related details on the very same page under the Property Owner Details
- Details like Name, Ward, Address, Previous Owner, Current Owner, And Property Description will be listed under this section.
- Below the Property Owner Details section, there will be another section named Property Dues Details. After hitting that Submit button, the online portal will fetch the property tax dues as well, and that will be shown in this section along with your registered mobile number and email id.
- We’d recommend you first thoroughly verify the details fetched by the PMC online portal, and then proceed to pay the tax.
- Once you are sure that the details shown on the screen are related to your property, then select the preferred payment gateway under the Property Dues Details section.
- After that simply click on the blue Pay Online button to proceed next in the process. Now another page will load in a separate tab, and this will be the online payments page where all the payment methods will be shown on the screen. Select the preferred payment method, and complete the transaction.
- When the successful transaction message is prompted on the payment merchant’s page, you’ll be automatically redirected to the PMC portal. Again, you’d see another success message on the PMC portal’s homepage with the transaction ID and property details.
And this is how you make PMC property tax online payments without leaving your couch. However, it might take up to an hour to update the payment status on the PMC portal. So there’s nothing to worry about if your payment status is showing a Processing message.
How To Download the PMC Property Tax Receipt?
If you have just completed the PMC property tax payment, so when you get redirected from the payment merchant’s website to the PMC portal, you’ll see a success message on the screen. And under that, you’ll have the link to download the PMC Property Tax Receipt with one click. If you want to download the previous financial years’ tax receipts, then visit this URL http://propertytax.punecorporation.org/Prop_DuesDetails.aspx and enter all the required details in the input boxes to fetch the old tax receipts and tax dues. There you’ll find the download option to download the PMC property tax receipts.