When speaking of Gujarat it is safe to say that it is the most technologically and politically advanced Indian State. While having smart cities and great infrastructure Gujarat is one proud representation of India and its abilities. There are not enough words to describe the beauty, discipline and the rich culture of Gujarat. If one were to believe the popular sayings then Gujarat could be one of world’s leading states by 2050. With a bullet train scheduled in near future, Gujarat will bring up the best for its citizens and the country.
Facts about Gujarat
- The state of Gujarat has the longest seashore in India.
- Dating back to the initial civilizations of India, Gujarat was the main center of Indus Valley Civilization.
- With seventeen airports, Gujarat has the highest number of airports in comparison to any other Indian state.
- Asia’s greenest city is Gujarat’s capital- Gandhinagar.
- Gujarat is India’s safest state with least number of crimes. It is even the safest state for women.
- The largest Denim Manufacturer if the world, Arvind Mills is in Ahmedabad.
- The most surprising fact is that Gujarati’s make up a total of 60% North American population.
- The world’s entire population of Asiatic Lion is found in the forests of Gujarat.
- Gujarat is the only state where each and every village has electricity connection reached to it.
- It is also believed that the British East India Company came to Gujarat in 1818 where they were fascinated by the Indian marvels.
- Asia’s top-ranked management university- Indian Institute of Management is situated in Ahmedabad.
- India’s maximum milk production is in the state of Gujarat.
- Surat is the richest city in India.
- 90% of world’s diamonds are polished in Gujarat.
- World’s most famous revolutionist Mahatma Gandhi was born in Porbandar.
Things to do in Gujarat
When visiting Gujarat it is hard to miss the natural habitat of Asiatic Lions. Home to several other rare to find animals, Gir will give you once in a lifetime experience.
The Somnath Temple
Representing the ruches and religious spirit of India Somnath Temple is a must visit. It’s vanished a number of times in history but it is proud to say that Indian Government has been successful in rebuilding the temple made of Gold.
Rann of Kutch
It is safe to say that this will be the unique experience of your life. Seeing the desert right next to the seashore is one of the rarest sights in the world.