Essay On Chhattisgarh For Kids & Students
Known for maximum tribal population of country Chhattisgarh is an example of ancient history of Indian civilization which dates back to thousands of years. It is located southwards in the central India with its borders touching several other Indian states like- UP, MP, Odisha, AP and Maharashtra. Although, Chhattisgarh is known to have adivasi population it is still advancing on many upfront.
- It makes up 36% of country’s total tin mining and reserve. The Dande Wada district produces maximum tin having a total of 6 mines.
- With 4% of total 37% dolomite and diamond production Chhattisgarh is very rich in precious stone levels.
Iron and Steel
- The most famous Bhilai Steel plant is located in Chhattisgarh producing 3.153 million ton steel.
- Its abundant limestone reserve is responsible for skyscraper buildings in India because it has 5.4% of limestone production in India.
History of Chattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh has a very vast history with Mughal, Hindu and British Empire ruling over it from time to time.
- It was known as Gondawa during early 18th century while the Kalachuris were ruling the area.
- It was a Mughal dynasty during early 16th century and came under Maratha domination by 17th century.
- The state of Chhattisgarh observed most radical changes when it was involved as a central provinces during the British takeover in India.
- During British Empire in India a lot of changes were made which changed the map of Chhattisgarh.
- Districts like Sambalpur were included into Odisha boundaries and Surguja to Chhattisgarh. This was done to evenly distribute the areas with likewise population.
Places to visit in Chhattisgarh
Tourism in Chhattisgarh is vivid and diverse. One can get a view of nature and architectural marvels all together at once. Mentioned below are 3 must visit places in Chhattisgarh.
If you are fascinated with the Niagra Falls then get ready to witness the Indian version of the same. Its picturesque scenic beauty will captivate your mind forever. This waterfall in Koriya district is situated in the Northern Chhattisgarh.
2. Laxman Temple
The architecture of this brick temple makes it hard to believe that it was made in Ancient time thousands of years ago. This temple has utmost value in Hinduism for it is regarded as a part of Ramayana chronicle. It is situated in Mahasamund district.
3. Saroda reservoir
Some natural beauty never hurts anyone especially when it gives you a ghost of fresh air. This reservoir in Kawardha district is an exotic natural beauty of Chhattisgarh.