The PMGAY is a welfare scheme initiated by the government of India. The main aim of the scheme is to ensure that all the eligible families under the program have access to housing. The government aims to achieve its objective by the end of the year 2022. This program was launched in the year 2015 and aims to replace the Indira Awaas Yojana launched in the year 1985. The government strives to make the process of application and its implementation as smooth as possible. This explains the introduction of “Awaas Soft.” Awaas Soft, as the name suggests, is a designated software solely meant to oversee the implementation of the PMGAY.
If you are eligible for PMGAY, the government will help you with Rs 1.2 lakhs so that you can construct a house in the rural area. Further help of Rs. 12,000 will be allotted to help you in the construction of toilets in these houses. Apart from that, you can also borrow a sum of around 70,000 Rs. There are designated banks and financial houses in the country that are allowed to lend you the amount. Besides, under the scheme, you will be eligible for an interest subsidy of around 3%.
You may also like: National Pension Scheme (NPS)
In order for you to become eligible for the PMGAY, certain eligibility criteria have to be met. The same is as below:
- You should be a family without a house or the house should have a kutcha roof and wall.
- No one is above 25 years of age and is literate in your family.
- There is no member in the house between 16 to 59 years of age.
- If the family has disabled members
- The families belonging to scheduled caste or scheduled tribe
The above will not be applicable in case of the following:
- If anyone of the family member works for the Indian government and has a salary of at least Rs. 10,000 per month.
- If any family member has a two-wheeler, a three-wheeler, or a boat.
- You will also not be eligible if you have a refrigerator or a landline phone.
How to Apply for the PMGAY?
If you want to get the benefit of the scheme, there is a need of filling in an online application form. The following are the steps needed:
- Visit the official website which is: https://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/masterlogin.aspx
- All the required details need to fill correctly. Information such as gender, phone number, Aadhaar card number, etc. needs to be filled.
- When you click on “register”, the details will be displayed on the screen.
- A consent form needs to be uploaded and you will also need to fill in details of your bank account.
- After you have filled the form, it is now up to the government to decide whether or not you are eligible under the scheme.
Also Read: Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
What are the Required Documents?
To become eligible and apply under the scheme, there are certain sets of documents that are mandatory for you. The following is the list:
- The Aadhaar card if you are the beneficiary. If you are not the beneficiary, then a letter permitting you to act on behalf of the beneficiary is also required.
- You should have a bank account
- MNREGA card which will have a job number
- You should also have a Swachh Bharat Mission number
We hope that after reading the above article, you are now aware of the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana.