Essay on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
If I ask you to differentiate India from rest of the super countries in the world what is the first thing that comes to your mind? I am sure it is the lack of hygiene and cleanliness which unfortunately sets us apart from the rest of the world. It is a shame to say that every government which came into power only passed comments and vague promises to maintain the cleanliness of our great country but none actually did more than just a speech about it. Narendra Modi, on the other hand, launched a Swachh Bharat Abhiyan scheme as soon as he was elected the Prime Minister of India with greatest ever majority.
This scheme was launched keeping in mind the utmost need for taking into your hands the cleanliness of our own country. It is safe to say that since the launch of swachh bharat abhiyan scheme our country is doing better on the grounds of hygiene and cleanliness. This scheme has proved to be the best ever decision which has been made for keeping our country clean and green. Obviously, we expect more of such schemes in future but for now, the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is the savior of our dying ecosystem and health conditions.
In-Depth details about the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- This is a massive large-scaled campaign launched by the existing Prime Minister of India in order to address the ghastly effects of issues like- unkempt hygienic conditions due to defecating in the open and clogged roads with trash on October 2nd, 2014.
- The aim of this revolutionary programme is to clean up every street throughout the subcontinent of India clean by October 2nd, 2019.
- It’s high time that we realize the importance of hygiene; this programme is enlightening people a lot of the same.
- Nine famous Indian personalities have been made the faces to lead this programme in order to spread the word of cleanliness, this are- Amir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Kailash Kher, Priyanka Chopra, Sachin Tendulkar, Sania Mirza, Saina Nehwal and Mary Kom.
Progress since 2014
- It has been three years since the flagship Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was launched and it seems like we have come a far way from there.
- Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh, and Kerala have been declared open defecation free states meaning that no citizen in these states defecates outdoors which have considerably reduced the unhealthy environment.
- It is speculated that more than 70% of Indian households will be declared ODF by the end of 2018 which was the core aim of this programme.