In the game of cricket we tend to put our focus or attention more on the batsmen, bowler, or the fielder who performs well in the field. Rather we forget to talk about the sportsman who is keeping the wicket behind the stumps. Nowadays, wicketkeeping is considered to be the most crucial role. A team is incomplete without the presence of a full time wicket keeper.
The excitement has already started building among the fans and the experts from all around the world regarding this global marquee event. We often tend to discuss who will be the best bowler or the batsmen to watch out for in the cricket world cup 2023. Rather in this blog we will be discussing the three best wicket keepers to watch out for in the ODI CWC 2023. Some of them are already very popular among those who involve in ODI World Cup Betting and other cricket predictions.
3 Wicket Keepers To Watch Out For In ODI WC 2023
The list has been solely prepared keeping in mind their wicket keeping performance, batting average, pressure handling capability and that of winning matches single handedly.
Thus, the top 3 wicket keeper to watch out for in the ODI world cup 2023 are as follows
1. Mohammad Rizwan
During his early years in the Pakistan cricket team, Mohammad Rizwan has faced a lot of criticism because of his wicket keeping capabilities.
- Whereas in the recent period, he has made a strong comeback. His performance especially in the T20 world cup 2021 was magnificent.
- The 29 year old wicket keeper batsman is not only an efficient wicketkeeper but also can score some valuable runs for his team at a quicker pace.
- He is considered to be one of the key batsmen especially in the middle order for the men in green when it comes to batting.
- He is considered to be an acrobatic wicket keeper alongside being a batsman with sound batting techniques.
- Till date, he has scored more than 4000 plus runs in all three formats of the game. As far as his wicket keeping skill goes he has 10 or more stumping to his name alongside 100 plus catches to add to his tally.
2. Quinton De Kock
Quinton De Kock is considered to be one of the most talented wicket keepers of this generation. He is the sensation of the South African cricket team and often considered to be one of the consistent performers for them.
- He gained popularity when he performed brilliantly in the under 19 CWC 2012.
- In the same year he proved himself as the most talented wicket keeper cum batsman in the senior arena when he scored some staggering runs in the South African T20 league.
- He also made his international debut in the same year. For the Proteas he opens the batting alongside his captain Temba Bavuma.
- So far he has scored more than 6000 plus runs in the ODI format with a strike rate of 95 plus. While in the T20I format he has scored more than 2000 plus runs with a strike rate of 137 plus.
- Even in test cricket he has scored more than 3000 plus runs. On the other hand, as a wicketkeeper he has taken more than 400 catches in the international arena and has stumped more than 50 batsmen till date.
- He is the second best wicketkeeper to watch out for in the CWC ODI 2023.
3. KL Rahul
KL Rahul although not being a regular wicketkeeper batsman but in the absence of Rishabh Pant he is the first choice wicketkeeper over Ishan Kishan for the men in blue going into this ODI CWC 2023.
- As a wicketkeeper he may be handy in the absence of Pant. But as a batsman he is simply the best, after making a strong comeback in the Asia Cup 2023 by scoring a blistering century against Pakistan and playing a crucial knock of 39 runs against Sri Lanka in the rank turner pitch of Premadasa stadium in the super four stage.
- So far he has taken only 20 catches and performed 18 stumping behind the wickets in the international arena but he has scored more than 6000 runs in all formats of the game.
- He has cemented his place as the number 4 batsman for his national side going into this world cup. Rahul certainly deserved to be our third best wicketkeeper in the world going ahead in this global event.
- Also, one shouldn’t forget that he is a regular keeper for his IPL side LSG.
Concluding Thoughts on Top 3 Wicket Keepers To Watch Out in ODI WC 2023
It can be said that the global cricketing event is gaining popularity, even more. These 3 world class wicketkeeper cum batsmen with their outstanding keeping and batsmanship performance will not only take the game of cricket to another level but will leave some long lasting memories in the mind of the cricket fans and the experts for years to come.
They are so skilled with their wicketkeeping prowess and batting capabilities that they will rule the world of cricket in the near future.