Introduction – Global warming is a climatic change, due to which the Earth’s temperature has been increasing tremendously. We have records showing that, the Earth’s temperature has been increasing gradually. In future, the climatic changes may differ from place to place. Humans play an important role in increasing Global warming, by the emission of greenhouse gases like Carbon dioxide, methane, etc. These emissions are caused due to vehicles, industries, etc. The effects of Global warming includes an increase in sea level, heat waves, droughts, heavy rainfall and snowfall. Nowadays, all the countries are creating awareness on the effects of global warming to all its citizens.
Causes of Global Warming
Global warming increases due to many reasons. Some of the main causes are as follows:
- Greenhouse Gases: This is a process where the radiations from the Sun are absorbed and emitted by the natural gases in the Earth’s atmosphere. This helps in maintaining the Earth’s temperature in the range of 33o In recent days development like Industrialization, has led to the increase of greenhouse gases like Carbon dioxide, Methane, Nitrous Oxide, etc. Due to this, the radiations reaching the Earth is retained, in turn causing the increase in temperature.
- Fuel Burning: The burning of fossil fuels, petroleum products in vehicles also increased the greenhouse gases, which in turn increases the global warming
- Deforestation: Since we all know that carbon dioxide will be absorbed by trees and they will release oxygen, which in turn reduces the presence of greenhouse gases, which is responsible for global warming. When we cut down trees and reduce the forest area, then it causes the increase in Global warming.
- Electronic Devices: Electronic devices mainly include Refrigerators, which use a chemical called Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC), that damages the ozone layer, protecting the earth. Due to which more radiations enter the earth and increase the surface temperature.
Effects of Global Warming
Due to increase in temperature because of Global warming, there are many adverse effects. They are as follows:
- Rise in Sea Level: The rise in temperature due to Global warming, causes the melting of many ice in the Artic and Antartic regions. As a result of which the Sea level increases gradually and due to this there is an increase for the chances of natural disasters like Tsunami.
- Extreme Weather conditions: Global warming also results in a change in climatic conditions. The temperature may increase tremendously or drop down to an extreme low and this affects the humans and other living creatures on the earth.
- Imbalance in Ecological Systems: Due to increase in temperature, many locations gets affected like coral reefs, tundra regions, caves, etc. Including this, the oxygen content in the ocean also gets depleted.
- Effects on Human: Global warming also increase the chance of heat stroke and skin cancer, in humans. They will also be dehydrated often and the production of food decreases exponentially.