Delhi Public School Kolkata New town was established in the year 2005 as a part of the DPS chain of schools. The school is affiliated to the ICSE/ISC board, New Delhi and offers classes from Nursery to Class XII. The campus is spread over a huge area of 12 acres in the heart of Newtown, Kolkata.
Admission is open for the year 2019-20. The registration forms are available at the school office. Completed registration forms must be submitted with the school office. Apart from the registration form, the following documents are also required to be submitted for registration.
- Photocopy of the proof of residence of the child’s parents such as electricity bill/rent bill/telephone bill/passport/ driving license, etc. It must be self-attested.
- Two passport size colour photographs of the child and the parents.
- Self-attested photocopy of the birth certificate of the child.
- Report cards of the last three years. This is applicable for students seeking admission into Class II and above.
- Medical form issued by a local doctor.
- Income proof of the last two years.
- Transfer certificate has to be submitted by students studying in other schools.
Submission of registration form and other documents must be done within seven working days from the date of purchase of the form.
Admission is granted on the basis of a meeting organised by the school management and the child along with his/her parents.
The list of selected students is posted on the school website and also displayed on the notice board. The admission fee needs to be deposited within seven days of declaration of results.
The school has been divided into
- Pre-Primary- Nursery to Class I
- Primary- Class II to Class V
- Senior- Class VI to Class X
- ISC- Class XI and XII
The curriculum has been designed exclusively for each standard in accordance with the CISCE guidelines. Science and Computer laboratories are present to impart high-grade practical knowledge to the students.
DPS Kolkata New town has an Art and Sculpture studio where the students are taught to create various works of art. The art department of the school also organises art exhibitions and shows. The school also organises theatre, drama and mime workshops to encourage the students to participate in such activities. Dramas and plays are also held for school programmes and competitions. The school holds classes for both eastern and western classical dances. Vocal and instrumental music spanning various genres are also taught to the students. The curriculum features debates, quiz sessions, workshops on personality development and other activities to polish the speaking and language skills of the students.
DPS Kolkata Newtown has facilities for both indoor and outdoor games such as cricket, football, tennis, skating, etc. The school also offers classes in Yoga and Martial arts.
The complete details about the fees structure are available in the prospectus that you will get at the school office. The parents can get the details of fee structure by using the contact number of the school office in school time.
Delhi Public School Newtown
Block- DG/3, Action Area-I, Newtown, Rajarhat,
Kolkata – 700 156
Tel: +91 98306 88888 / 98744 86899 / 90518 42262
Fax: (033) 2706 2233
E-mail: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org