Delhi Public School Bhopal Kolar Road runs under the Jagran Welfare Society and is a part of the DPS chain of schools. This school was established in the year 2000 and is affiliated to the CBSE. DPS Kolar Road Bhopal is also the recipient of the “Dream School of MP” award. The school has performed well in board examinations, cultural activities and sporting events.
The prospectus can be downloaded from the school website. Admissions are done on the basis of a point system in which points are allotted on the basis of several criteria. The points system is as follows.
- Academic achievement– Points are fixed on the basis of grades obtained in previous class. Grade A-20, Grade B- 15, Grade C- 07, Below C- 05. The student needs to attach a copy of the report card of the previous class.
- Neighborhood- Points are allotted on the basis of the distance of the student’s residence from the school. A Xerox of the residence proof such as driving license/PAN Card/Voter ID of the parents is required. 0-10 km- 10 points, 10-20 km- 07 points and >20 km- 05 points.
- Sports- This is for students with achievements in sport and other extracurricular activities. A copy of the achievement/participation certificate needs to be submitted for availing these points. International level- 20 points, National level- 15 points, State level- 07 points and School level- 05 points.
- DPS Alumni- This is for students with parents who have passed Class X or XII from any school of the DPS society in any part of the country. A photocopy of the mark sheet or pass certificate is required. The total points allotted to DPS alumni category is 10.
- Sibling- This point is for students with a real brother/sister studying in DPS Bhopal. A copy of the latest fee receipt is required by the school. Sibling point is 15.
- Single parent- 05 points is allotted to students with a single parent.
- Girl child- Girl students are allotted 10 points.
- Miscellaneous- 10 points are allotted to wards of parents who are commissioned officers of Armed Forces or International Organisations like UN agencies, Red Cross and others.
55% seats are reserved for general category from Class I-IV while the number is 45% from Class VI-XI. Management seats account for 20% of the seats. 10% of the seats are reserved for both Sports persons and Staff/Inter DPS transfers.
The registration and admission fees are non-refundable. Selected students are granted provisional admission and a time limit of 5 days is given to the parents to complete the formalities.
Facilities for students
Academic facilities include modern Science labs, Computer labs and Language labs. The school also has a well stocked school library. Sports facilities include a 200m track with 8 lanes, cricket pitches, football field, swimming pool, gymnasium and martial arts classes.
Extracurricular activities include art and craft, music, dance, debating, gardening and much more.
The complete details about the fees structure are available in the prospectus that you will get at the school office. The parents can get the details of fee structure by using the contact number of the school office in school time.
Delhi Public School
Bhopal (M.P) – 462042
Telephone: 0755 – 6611200 / 201