Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) is one of the most trusted names in the Insurance domain in India. It is a public sector company which not only offers its services in India but it also offers its services in many other countries. The company has several different insurance plans which include term life plans, endowment plans, health insurance plans, children policies, micro insurance plans and a lot of other benefit plans. Majority of Indian purchases insurance plans from LIC and they are undoubtedly happy with the services that they get. The LIC is also implementing continuous improvement, and it is making its products as well as services better.
It comes as no surprise to anyone when they are told that the LIC is the best insurance company in India. There is no doubt about it. You would have noticed that a majority of LIC Policy Holders can avail the services online and they do not have to visit the branch these days. Those days are gone when you had to stand in long lines to pay the Premium of the policy. Today, a large portion of premiums are paid via the online premium portal or digital wallets. This online payment mode eliminates the need of visiting the branch. You do not have to worry about issuing the cheque or depositing the cash in the LIC branch.
The time saved is the additional bonus as you would not have to wait at the branch for your turn. The best about the LIC Online Premium Payment is that you would not have to worry about the documentation either. There is no need to fill a form, and there is no need to maintain the digital copy of the premium receipt. When you are paying the Premium online, the digital copy of the receipt is issued immediately, and you can use the receipt as the proof of payment during the income tax return.
In this article, we have listed some of the ways by which you can make the LIC premium payment online. You can check out the details and use one of these ways for the online premium payment for the upcoming dues. It will certainly you by saving time as well as resources. Check out the details below to find out more about the same.
How to Make LIC Premium Payment Online?
There are majorly two ways to make the premium payment online. One of them is by logging into your account, and the second one is without logging into the LIC Account. You can use any of the way listed below to make the payment. Let us review both the procedures below.
LIC Premium Payment for Registered Users
If you have already registered your account on LIC, then the premium payment will be a piece of cake. You would need just a few minutes to pay the Premium, and you would not even need the policy details. Check out the steps listed below to make the payment of the Premium.
- Start by visiting the LIC e-Portal website (https://www.licindia.in/). Ensure that you are on the official website and from the Online Services, click on the Customer Portal button.
- On the next screen, click on the registered user option, and you will now be routed to the login page. Enter your login credentials along with the date of birth to log in to LIC Portal.
- On the dashboard, click on Online Payment. Select between the Renewal Premium/Revival and Advance Premium payment Option.
- Now, select all the policies for which you would like to pay the Premium. To initiate the payment, click on Check & Pay.
- Verify the details of the policy on the next screen and look at the total amount due as well. Click on Check and Pay once again.
- You can now choose from the various methods of the payment. You will be able to make payment via Internet Banking, Amex Card, Debit Card, eWallets and Credit Card.
- Select the appropriate method and make the payment in the final step. You can save the receipt for your reference.
This is how easy it is to make the payment of LIC Premium via Online Portal. We understand that you might not be a registered user and you might still want to pay the Premium. In the section below, you can check out the steps of paying the Premium without logging into your account.
LIC Premium Payment for Non-Registered Users
You can follow the steps listed below to make the payment without logging into the account. This is especially beneficial if you do not have an account with LIC.
- Visit the LIC Portal (https://www.licindia.in/) and under the Online Service Tab, click on the Pay Direct (Without Login) option (https://ebiz.licindia.in/D2CPM/#DirectPay).
- You will be redirected to a new page where you can select the option to make the premium payment.
- Enter the details of the policy, instalment amount, date of birth, email ID and mobile number. After entering the details, fill in the captcha code and also click on the tick button to accept the terms and conditions.
- Submit the details and verify the policy information. Once that is done, you can click on the Proceed button and make the payment using the preferred method. Ensure that you enter the correct emails since the policy premium receipt will be sent to you on your email.
- You can also download the receipt immediately after the payment of the policy premium.
Payment Channels for LIC Premium
There are multiple payment channels for paying the LIC premiums. Some of them are linked to the LIC portal while others are not. You can check out the details of these premium channels for LIC Premium Payment
- LIC website
- Net Banking
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- BHIM App
- UPI Ids
- Authorized Banks
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Axis Bank
- Corporation Bank
- AP Online
- Easy Pay
- MP Online
- Suvidha Infoserve
- Life Plus SBA
- Premium Point
- Retired Employee Premium Collection Points
- Google Pay
- Jio Wallet
If you are not willing to make the payment through the LIC Portal, then you can use one of these methods to pay the Premium of your LIC Policy. If you would like to use the e-Wallet, then you can check out the section below for more details.
Payment through e-Wallets
It is possible to make the payment through e-wallets as well. You can go ahead and check out the steps below to pay the Premium through various wallets. You can review the steps below to make the payment via different online wallets.
- If you would like to make the payment through Paytm them, log in to the Paytm app and from the side menu, click on Insurance.
- Select the option and click on Pay Existing Insurance Premium.
- Select your insurer as LIC and enter your policy number. Now click on the Get Premium. You will get the exact amount you need to pay.
- Make the payment through preferred mode and you are done. The receipt will be made available on Paytm app itself.
- To pay via Google Pay, you can open Google Pay App. Now click on Explore Businesses and Search for Life Insurance Corporation of India.
- Select the LIC and link your policy by adding the Policy Number, Email ID and Account Name. Link the account, and you will get the amount of Premium that is due. Click on Pay Bill and make the payment through the preferred account.
- You will receive the receipt on the email that you entered while linking the account.
- For paying the Premium via PhonePe, you can open PhonePe and under the Recharge & Pay Bills, click on View More.
- Scroll down and click on LIC/Insurance under Finances and Taxes. Select LIC in the biller list.
- On the next page, enter the policy number and email address. You will be redirected to the next screen where you can select the UPI ID or Debit Card to make the payment.
- The receipt will be emailed to you, and you can use it as proof of payment when required.
- You can open the MyJio App and click on Finance option from the top menu.
- Click on View More under Biller and click on Insurance. Select your insurance provider
- Add the details of Insurance Policy and click on Check button. Once you get the insurance premium amount, you can then pay the amount.
- The receipt will be sent to your email.
Additional Charges with Online Payment
There are some charges associated with Online Payment. You can review the details below.
- A card issued by the Visa or MasterCard doesn’t have any convenience fee associated.
- Cards issued by other banks attract a fee of Rs 20 to Rs 350 depending on the amount of transaction.
- For Amex cards, the convenience fee is between Rs 18 and Rs 35 for any amount.
- It should be noted that the GST would be added on the Convenience fee.
- UPI has no fee associated with it, and Net Banking also doesn’t have any fee associated with the Online Payment.
This was all about the LIC Premium Payment via Online medium. We have covered a majority of the methods but if you want more information about any particular system, then reach out to us, and we will add more details for you. We have not listed any details about the offline payment since we want to make things easy for you. You can go ahead and try any of these methods to pay the Premium without wasting half of your day.